.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tone Clusters: the Joyce Carol Oates discussion group archive

Monday, September 13, 2004

JCO: New story

Hi friends!
Thanks Ryan! I appreciate the info, as I only get
the New Yorker when someone drops his old copies off
at the public library.
Many members of my editors' group are disappointed
in the direction the New Yorker has taken since Tina
Brown took over. I don't know anything about that; I
just know I like it now. It's the only rag I read. I
get so much pleasure out of it, especially the short
stories.
Maybe in the old days the New Yorker was more
exclusively urban and middle class. So was TV, back in
the 50s!
Laurie

=====
Better Edit!
http://www.betteredit.net
laurie@betteredit.net

"Wow, it looks a lot better than it did."
--MLIS student
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Tone Clusters: The Joyce Carol Oates discussion group

To send a message to the group, email jco@usfca.edu
To subscribe, email majordomo@usfca.edu: subscribe jco
To unsubscribe, email majordomo@usfca.edu: unsubscribe jco