.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tone Clusters: the Joyce Carol Oates discussion group archive

Monday, March 14, 2005

Re: JCO: 9/11 fiction

Hi, Kimberly. "The Mutants" is the last story collected in the book I AM NO
ONE YOU KNOW. The Updike story may be in his book LICKS OF LOVE, but that's
not at hand right now. I will message you separately about Lost Highways,
which I saw for the first time last week.
Best,
Cyrano

In a message dated 3/9/2005 7:16:18 AM Eastern Standard Time,
kstarrett5@comcast.net writes:

<< Hi Cyrano,

I remember that Updike story -- from the New Yorker, I think? It was the
first and one of the only pieces of fiction I had read that dealt with the 911
tragedy. I haven't read "the mutants" but will seek it out.

And I couldn't agree more that David Lynch is the man for the job. I've
adored Lynch ever since the first I saw "lost highway." In fact when I read your
question re who would be the most able filmmaker it was Lynch who sprang to
mind even before you suggested him.

Best,

--
>>
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Tone Clusters: The Joyce Carol Oates discussion group

To send a message to the group, email jco@usfca.edu
To subscribe, email majordomo@usfca.edu: subscribe jco
To unsubscribe, email majordomo@usfca.edu: unsubscribe jco