.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tone Clusters: the Joyce Carol Oates discussion group archive

Friday, September 30, 2005

Re: JCO: It's Nobel Season Again

Oh yes----this is the season of hope for all of us!  I have gnashed my teeth in this very group over the lack of a Nobel Prize for JCO, and in fact have been so dramatic about it that I promise NOT to gnash if she doesn't win.
 
But ah.....if she does......I will dance in the streets and hope SOME of you will dance with me.
 
If the awards indeed are going to be announced this Thursday, then I will be comforted one way or another---I'm having major gum surgery that day, and if JCO is again passed over, my pain will seem as naught---and if she is FINALLY chosen, my pain will also seem as naught!
 
Let us keep fingers crossed and hope that this year the judges have actually read her work...
 
Very hopefully,
Christa