.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tone Clusters: the Joyce Carol Oates discussion group archive

Friday, January 20, 2006

Re: JCO: Re: Black Water

After today's discussion, I had to run upstairs to grab my library's copy of Blackwater to re-read.  Because hey, I don't have anything better to do this weekend (clean the house, write an essay for my archives course, complete paperwork for my internship, etc. etc. etc.)
 
By the way (and slightly off-topic), I'm doing my internship here at Syracuse University, in their Special Collections Research Center.  SCRC has a HUGE collection of JCO's papers and manuscripts - it's very impressive and intimidating!  Seeing rows and rows of archival boxes in the closed stacks gave me a real feel for how truly prolific she is.  Amazing.
 
Hope everyone has a good weekend!
 
Lisa