.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tone Clusters: the Joyce Carol Oates discussion group archive

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Re: JCO: book signing

I can second that, Chris. I saw JCO read last in the fall of 2004, and the
line for the book signing comprised mostly of people holding copies of older
books. She signed "Bellefleur" for me. The only restriction I can see anyone
placing on the signing might be one book per person? But JCO has never been
anything but gracious whenever I've seen her.

Take care,

Ryan.

on 2/7/06 2:34 PM, Lara at vostok@sympatico.ca wrote:

> Hi Chris,
>
> She signed Man Crazy for me when she read from Blonde during the
> Harbourfront Reading Series in Toronto a few years ago. So I doubt
> she'll frown upon it, quite the opposite, especially with a first edition.
>
> Lara
>
> Chris Emmerson-Pace wrote:
>
>> I'm going to see JCO on Saturday for a reading/signing for Female of
>> the Species. I would like to bring a copy of my favorite of her books
>> to sign as well as the new book. Does anyone know if she would frown
>> on this? I asked the bookstore sponsoring the event, and they did not
>> know if she would be signing things other than the new book. I have a
>> first edition of Son of the Morning that I would love for her to sign.
>> --Chris
>
>
>
> -------------------------------------------------------------------
> Tone Clusters: The Joyce Carol Oates discussion group
>
> To send a message to the group, email jco@usfca.edu
> To unsubscribe, email majordomo@usfca.edu: unsubscribe jco
>
> Celestial Timepiece: A Joyce Carol Oates Home Page:
> http://jco.usfca.edu/
>

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Tone Clusters: The Joyce Carol Oates discussion group

To send a message to the group, email jco@usfca.edu
To unsubscribe, email majordomo@usfca.edu: unsubscribe jco

Celestial Timepiece: A Joyce Carol Oates Home Page:
http://jco.usfca.edu/