.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tone Clusters: the Joyce Carol Oates discussion group archive

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

RE: JCO: The evolution of Oates writing style

Hi Tanya, Eric and Everyone:

I have something to throw out here: Is there a difference between
"cinematic" and "televisic" writing, given that film and television are so
different? If this difference exists and we can identify it, my guess would
be that JCO would tend naturally more towards the cinematic because she
didn't grow up with television. Again, if that were true, might it not
often happen that she would write something cinematically, but it would be
read televisically by readers who did grow up with television? When I look
at what I've written, it almost sounds a little silly to me, but I do mean
it seriously.

Steve


Tone Clusters: The Joyce Carol Oates discussion group

To send a message to the group, email jco@usfca.edu
To unsubscribe, email majordomo@usfca.edu: unsubscribe jco

Celestial Timepiece: A Joyce Carol Oates Home Page