.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tone Clusters: the Joyce Carol Oates discussion group archive

Friday, September 03, 2004

Re: JCO:An Encounter with the Blind

Hi, Ted. Yes! Let's continue going through By the North Gate. That cascade
episode set the discussion back at least 2 weeks. I'll reread "An Encounter
With the Blind" today for discussion this weekend. And I'm especially
interested in the next story "Images," which is a first example of a time technique
found in several other JCO stories I like. Also, I found myself thinking of
"Images" as I read The Falls: the theme of a young person turning into someone
her parents don't recognize.
Cyrano

In a message dated 9/3/2004 12:23:26 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
music@thenightshades.com writes:

<< Anybody care to discuss this one from By the North Gate?
>>
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Tone Clusters: The Joyce Carol Oates discussion group

To send a message to the group, email jco@usfca.edu
To subscribe, email majordomo@usfca.edu: subscribe jco
To unsubscribe, email majordomo@usfca.edu: unsubscribe jco