.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tone Clusters: the Joyce Carol Oates discussion group archive

Friday, October 14, 2005

Re: JCO: RE: Nobel Prize

But, and please correct me if I am mistaken, Pinter is thoroughly anti Iraq involvement and, assuming they are familiar with his more recent work, this would, I think,  appeal to the other europeans.  Ah, well. 

Cindi

P.S.  I second the thoughts on Edward Albee.  And, as an aside, I do not personally see Margaret Atwood ever winning or even being seriously considered -- her writing is too appealing to the average joe (tee-hee).  She's not far enough "out there," not existential enough or absurdist enough or . . . (IMHO).
  :-)


RFoley7292@aol.com wrote:
I can understand your logic about Americans not winning while we are involved with Iraq; however, Pinter is a Brit, and they are, in the eyes of the muslim world, equally evil.