.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tone Clusters: the Joyce Carol Oates discussion group archive

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

JCO: Re: book signing

I think it is a wonderful opportunity to have her sign a favorite book. I was at a book signing a couple of years ago and the person in front of me had about five books for her to sign. That was too much. When she finished with him it was my turn and I also had an extra book, a first edition of The Goddess short story collection. She signed both The Falls (the current book being promoted) and The Goddess, but she looked at the line of people going out the door and said she couldn't personalize the inscriptions because there wasn't enough time. So I would limit it to one book out of politeness to the others in the line as well as to Ms. Oates.
Jane
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2006 1:24 PM
Subject: JCO: book signing

I'm going to see JCO on Saturday for a reading/signing for Female of the Species. I would like to bring a copy of my favorite of her books to sign  as well as the new book. Does anyone know if she would frown on this? I asked the bookstore sponsoring the event, and they did not know if she would be signing things other than the new book. I have a first edition of Son of the Morning that I would love for her to sign.
--Chris