.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tone Clusters: the Joyce Carol Oates discussion group archive

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Re: JCO: book signing

To JCO fan in Barcelona-
Send JCO a letter in care of her publisher.  Comment on one of her books and ask her a question.  Enclose a SASE.  She will answer you and sign her answer.  That's how I got my first JCO "autograph," thinking I'd never have a chance to see her in person.  When I did meet her in person she signed one of her older books for me. 
susan
 
 
 
----- Original Message -----
From: SMorales
Sent: 2/7/06 3:46:18 PM
Subject: Re: JCO: book signing

How lucky of you to have the possibility to have her signature!
 
Silvia
Barcelona, Spain

Lara <vostok@sympatico.ca> wrote:
Hi Chris,

She signed Man Crazy for me when she read from Blonde during the
Harbourfront Reading Series in Toronto a few years ago. So I doubt
she'll frown upon it, quite the opposite, especially with a first edition.

Lara

Chris Emmerson-Pace wrote:

> I'm going to see JCO on Saturday for a reading/signing for Female of
> the Species. I would like to bring a copy of my favorite of her books
> to sign as well as the new book. Does anyone know if she would frown
> on this? I asked the bookstore sponsoring the event, and they did not
> know if she would be signing things other than the new book. I have a
> f! irst edition of Son of the Morning that I would love for her to sign.
> --Chris



-------------------------------------------------------------------
Tone Clusters: The Joyce Carol! Oates discussion group

To send a message to the group, email jco@usfca.edu
To unsubscribe, email majordomo@usfca.edu: unsubscribe jco

Celestial Timepiece: A Joyce Carol Oates Home Page:
http://jco.usfca.edu/