.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tone Clusters: the Joyce Carol Oates discussion group archive

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Re: JCO: My Sister, My Love

ROFL, Cyrano is right, it's just a book----but I remember sitting in front of Annie Proulx "Shipping News" with MUCH the same attitudes and terrors----in fact I never did finish it.  My 86 yr old mother zipped right through it and loved it!
 
All of us in the group are so bright and intense that we sometimes need to remind ourselves---it IS just a book.   Although I say this with bated breath, there are several JCO books that I read about halfway through and then put down, saying NO---just NO.  Then there are others that have changed my life and make her what she for me, one of the 20th and 21st centuries' greatest writers.
 
 
Hugs
Christa
 
 
P.S.  Of course I haven't started trying to read My Sister My love, yet---time to order it!




Gas prices getting you down? Search AOL Autos for fuel-efficient used cars.