.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tone Clusters: the Joyce Carol Oates discussion group archive

Sunday, September 19, 2004

Re: JCO: RE: Sunday NY Times Book Review of The Falls

Steve,
 
Hi, that's what I was trying to say in my comment about the review----I don't think I said it as clearly as you did.  It's as though whoever decides these things had given the book to a reviewer who REALLY dislikes JCO, and the resulting review went on and on in the weary tone about how EXHAUSTING it was to have yet ANOTHER long book by JCO.
 
My suggestion was that a man who watches movies for a living may have a little problem with literacy---and certainly has a problem with attention span, since most movie don't last beyond 2 hours.....therefore he would not be qualified to review ANYONE'S written words....
 
Best,
Christa