.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tone Clusters: the Joyce Carol Oates discussion group archive

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Re: JCO: Re: book signing

In a message dated 2/7/2006 6:40:23 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, way2manybooks156@yahoo.com writes:
I saw JCO in Columbia, MO last year, and she graciously signed three books for me, including a limited ed. of "Lamb of Abysallia", about which she commented to me. 
When JCO walked by me (sitting in the front row) from her way to the podium where she was speaking and the table where the signing was to occur, she smiled at me and pointed at my old paperback of The Triumph of the Spider Monkey. She said: "Very strange. Warped sensibilities." That is an exact quotation, verbatim. By the way, I've heard that JCO herself has tiny, tiny handwriting, but it's still good to print your name distinctly.
 
Andy :)