.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tone Clusters: the Joyce Carol Oates discussion group archive

Friday, June 20, 2008

Re: JCO: My Sister, My Love

Hi, Eric.  Yes.  The Mulvanneys -- another good instance: Patrick's clumsy, gruff attempts to comfort and avenge his sister's honor (while she harbors no thoughts of revenge, ironically, and is busy rebuilding a new life for herself outside the sheltering family circle.)
    You will definitely get a copy of the group story either from Steve or me.
    Time to close down the computer til Tuesday.  Have a good weekend, all
Cyrano
 
In a message dated 6/20/2008 7:02:51 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, erickarl78@hotmail.com writes:
Hi Cyrano
Although I didn't participate in the group story, I'd love to read it.

The other title which immediately sprung to mind reading the copy for MSML (which I just received yesterday!) is We Were the Mulvanneys. In terms of narrative it seems quite similar: the son of a once prominent family searches for and reveals the truth in his narrative, focusing specifically on his sister. Of course, I'm sure the content is much different.

Best
Eric
 




Gas prices getting you down? Search AOL Autos for fuel-efficient used cars.